27 Nov Take a Load Off: How to Unburden Busy Salespeople
How can you “always be closing” if you spend over half of your workday doing mundane tasks?
How can you “always be closing” if you spend over half of your workday doing mundane tasks? Ever feel like you are spinning your wheels as a salesperson? Do you want to spend more time actually selling? You are not alone. The number one complaint we hear from our sales clients is too much time lost due to non-sales distractions. It’s an epidemic.
Docurated’s State of Sales Productivity 2015 study found that sales reps spend only a third of their time selling. 31% of their time is spent searching for or creating content and 20% of their time is spent on administration and reporting. How can organizations expect to reach their targets when almost 70% of their time is lost to chores that can be done by others?
Less selling time also means that Account Managers and people managing big corporate accounts struggle to give their clients the attention they need and deserve. We all understand that today’s buyers are more informed than ever with the power of the internet at their fingertips. Buyers have become increasingly more demanding and often require customized solutions and support. Busy salespeople must be prepared to attract, retain and support their customers at every stage of the engagement.
Sales Beacon understands the sales productivity challenge and specializes in accelerating sales workflow by unburdening busy salespeople from the weight of their administrative tasks. With dynamic support from our sales acceleration consultants, our clients have regained control of their sales job descriptions, focussing only on “making the sale”.
One of our clients is a leading telecommunications firm. Their sales team had come to a standstill because of a lack of access to specialized business resources, which resulted in stressed teams and lower revenues. Using our proprietary sales flow control methodology, we quickly fixed this problem. By implementing sales project planning and tracking, developing timely and consistent communications and managing updates to the stakeholder network, we eliminated the gridlock that was killing this companies’ sales.
Check out some of the strategies that Sales Beacon employs to unburden their clients:
- Sales Enablement: Provides all salespeople with the best practices, knowledge, tools and resources needed to be successful.
- Sales Operations: Business activities and processes that help a sales organization run effectively and efficiently.
- Centralized Content Management: Flooded with emails, reports and scattered information? Creating a single content library which houses all the relevant material, studies and up-to-date processes is a fantastic way to save time.
- Content personalization plans: By personalizing your sales materials to cater to individual buyers with custom tailored content, you will instill loyalty and appreciation.
- RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed): A matrix or chart that keeps track of who is responsible for all the different aspects of each task of the entire sales process.
- Sales Productivity Tracking: Advanced software programs find inefficiencies and problem areas in your sales methods. These programs look for differences in the habits and behaviors of salespeople, guiding the team to more consistent and profitable results.
- Days of the Week: Sales Beacon’s own proprietary methodology, a set of regular communications and actions that ensures that all parties accomplish their tasks on time and on budget.
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management): Data automation software collects CRM data from your sales team’s daily activities to give a clear picture of both the customer/salesperson interactions and their impact on actual sales.
- Newsletter creation: Regular, low-cost electronic newsletters increase brand awareness, keep communication lines open and help build relationships.
With dynamic support from our sales acceleration consultants, our clients have regained control, focussing only on “making the sale”.
What does this mean in terms of increased revenues to our clients? Let’s say your company has a typical sales team of ten hardworking individuals. Then add in some of the techniques that Sales Beacon can bring to the mix. If you were to increase their time spent actually selling by 10%, this would be the equivalent of adding one full-time salesperson to your team!
In a world of tight margins and stiff competition, this would be a major bonus to any organization. An unburdened salesforce will be more adaptable, more energetic and more positive about their immediate and future goals. The result is better customer relationships and a healthier bottom line.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear about your challenges and explore ways to unburden your sales team and free them to do what they do best: sell!